Our 3 month Thermography Technicians programme is delivered with a modular structure, offering a student a centred approach. You will initially train for five days with our Veterinary Thermography exerts working through, lectures covering the physics of Infrared, anatomy and physiology relating to thermography, inflammation, correct scanning, heat transfer, environmental conditions relating to thermography and more. (Or you can choose our online option). You will work on learning your scanning techniques on live elephants, work through manipulating your scans to maximise your qualitative analysis, work on report structure and feedback. You will also be allocated a personal tutor who can help you with any challenges along the way.
On completion of the five days training you will, though the remaining months, complete your case studies required for certification and you tutor marked assignments. You will receive a student login to the training site and will be able to upload your case studies and assignments there. Throughout this process you will be given feedback on every scan that you produce with your allocated tutor this is so that you can achieve excellence in your work.
For certification it is required that a total of 10 approved scans are required, to achieve the approved scans you may have to produce more than ten, approved scans are scans that reach the required industry standard. You are required to do two Tutor marked assignments and take an online exam.
The aim of the programme is to provide students with a broad range of Veterinary or Vet Tec backgrounds with the knowledge and skills necessary for understanding and applying Veterinary thermal imaging, theory, techniques, analysis and applications and to ensure our students reach Veterinary Thermography Technician status.
Students who complete the full accredited programme will:
1. Develop the practical skills of imaging the subject based on correct protocols and standards.
2. Develop the skills to analyse their images and transfer to the relevant software.
3. Develop the skills to use the data collected from the analysis and write an informed report on their findings.
4. Develop the skills to discuss how thermal imaging is used to investigate both normal and abnormal processes and functions. (clinically and in research)
5.Be fully aware of standards and protocols relating to the subject and the environment.
6. Describe the full range of Thermography theory, techniques, analysis, and applications.
7. Understand case study methodology.
8. Be aware of Health and safety regulations.
9. Develop good practice in communication.
10. Achieve Technician certification.
Our courses are aimed at those wishing to add thermography to their current professional qualifications or those wishing to start a new career in this industry. It is perfect for those who wish to balance study with work and personal commitments. It is set over a three month period but also offers flexible study and extensions are on offer in special circumstances.